Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 2: Into the mountain

The second day in my experiment I decided to just go out into nature with no music or anything. It was just nature and me. I was sitting at the base of the mountain behind the school. All I was doing was sitting there and thinking. All I could think about was schoolwork though. I wanted to clear my mind but it was really hard. I needed to do something else besides just sitting. I looked to my right, I see a mountain. I looked to my left, I saw houses. I realized that I needed to get farther away from society to achieve peace. I began my trek up the mountain. It was very steep and painful but it felt good. I was getting higher and higher until I finally reached the top near the electrical lines. I looked back and I was far above all the buildings and Webb. The view was amazing and even though it was hard, I felt really good about myself and what I did.  I stayed up there for quite a long time before I started to get really hungry and thirsty. I ran down the mountain and drank some water. I thought about what Chris McCandless thought about in the wild and how he had to carry all of his food and water supply. Did he think about his family? Friends? Maybe he didn’t think about anything and had a clear, peaceful mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment